Sunday, October 25, 2009

Saving money!

Since I've been a SAHM I'm really into saving money anyway I can.

Here are some of my tips!

- I follow various money saving blogs.

http://hip2save.blogspot.com/

http://www.stretchingabuckblog.com/

I also have a few local ones I follow that tell me about deals at my grocery store.

- I save my pampers points. ( had a post about it earlier)

Inside the bag is a sticker with a code- enter the codes and you can get DC toys

-I use Swagbucks to search online- super easy and uses google!

http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/TheSkimmy

- I buy 3 newspapers most weeks

Yup -3- 1 for each person in my family. We will go through saran wrap that much faster because there are 3 of us so I will need to buy it 3 times as much.

- I stock up on items

At any given time I have 2 months worth of diapers. I figure out where the cheapest diapers are when I have good coupons and I stockup. That way I never run out last minute and pay full price. (BTW- Similac is really cheap at Target this week)

-I meal plan (nope I haven't done it yet this week!! oops!)

- I share coupons with friends

My gf has a dog and I have a cat- makes sense- she gets the dog coupons and I get her cat ones!

-I buy the smallest size available

Yup--- I don't go to Costco (unless I want roses!!) With coupons and sales I actually spend less than buying in bulk. I can normally get things free buy getting the trial size!

1 comment:

  1. You're my hero! Thanks for getting me hooked on couponing!!! It's so much fun!

    ReplyDelete