Wednesday, November 4, 2009

We've been busy!!!

While I've had a lot going on and reasons to post... I've been a tired mommy! It all started last Thursday... In town there was an H1N1 flu shot clinic going on. I feel this is important for Charlie and I wanted to make sure he got it. They were asking that only certain risk groups got it and so Dan and I did not get it yet. We got in line at 4:40 and didn't get out of there until 8:40- yup 4 hours standing outside in line waiting for Charlie to get a shot. He was so tired and cold but I did get one picture of him with his daddy right before he got it.


We had wanted to get pumpkins this night but since the line ended up being so long we went the following night. Well, sort of. It was raining and the place we were gonna get them from had like 10 pumpkins left over (Oct 30th at 5pm) so Dan got out of the car and picked a pumpkin while Charlie and I pointed from the car! We went to carve the pumpkin after dinner and of course it was rotten. Charlie kept wanting to stick his hands in the guts but they were GROSS! Still glad we had the chance to do this as a family. Here are some pictures!






So... now we are at Halloween. Dan's parents came over along with my mom for the traditional Sloppy Joe Dinner! My grandma had 5 kids and on Halloween all the cousins would come over- grandma made sloppy joes because they were filling, cheap and easy! My mom made them for me for every Halloween and now I'll do it for Charlie! (I know my cousins do it also!) Charlie is still coughing a lot and not feeling his best so we did let him go trick or treating but only to like 15 houses and once it got colder we brought him home. He LOVED it! He had his mom and his dad by the hand and was running from house to house. He just looked at everyone in masks and didn't show fear at all. One kid even tried to scare him and Charlie basically laughed at the kids effort. It was another great holiday with Charlie! oh yeah- Charlie LOVES pumpkins and calls them pumpbump Pictures:




1 comment:

  1. I wanted to let you know that you inspired me to start a blog :)

    ReplyDelete