Saturday, December 12, 2009

A trip to Lansing


Today Dan played in the Annual Holiday Tournament at MSU. I drove separate so that Charlie and I could sleep in a little!!! I drove to the gym and Charlie thought it was the greatest place ever. BALL, BALL, BALL!! He was able to run around and kick, hit and throw balls! He probably enjoyed the attention from all of his dad's friends too! The only meltdown was when Dan was playing and Charlie wanted to play too. He couldn't understand why Daddy was so close but he wasn't allowed to run out and play with his dad. Maybe someday soon he will realize there are lines on the floor that he can't cross over!?!

After playing at the gym I drove Charlie to visit his grandma (my mom)for the afternoon. He had so much fun!! My mom found my old music instruments and they made some loud music together! I think my mom is shocked at how busy Charlie is. One minute he wants to read a book, then it's time to throw a ball, eat a snack, empty her spice rack etc. Charlie loves that my mom's cat Joey actually stays in the room if he's in there. He doesn't seem to mind the hisses or the few bites he's gotten. He just keeps going back and petting him, pulling his fur and giving him kisses.

We did find out today that Charlie likes Split Pea Soup -YUCK! He wanted to eat that over the Arby's I had brought back for dinner. After dinner I waited for the phone call from Dan that he was done playing so that we could go pick him up. Once we heard that it was time to head back to East Lansing I started loading up the car. Since Charlie was there for naptime I had brought in the pack n play. (Charlie took a 2.5 hour nap for grandma!!) I got out to the car and I heard my mom yell "Charlie!" I turn around and he's standing on the front porch in his pj's waving bye bye to me! (It's a big 25 degrees outside!) That little guy followed me out when the door didn't close fast enough. He thought I was leaving so he waved to me! So in the last few weeks he's not only climbed out of his crib, climbed over a baby gate but now snuck out of my mom's house!

This week Charlie will get to go see Santa!!! I can't wait for the blog post to follow that. Will he bite, punch, kiss or hug Santa this year?? :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment