Saturday, December 5, 2009

Dove Chocolate Discoveries

I just realized I've never posted about the little side job I do. I wouldn't call it a part time job because I only work when I want to! I've been doing these home parties since April.

Dove Chocolate Discoveries (DCD) was created by Dove Chocolate because they wanted to do home parties for making candy. Well, that niche was so small that they decided to branch out a little more and more and more. The company is less than 3 years old and with Mars backing Dove up... I just see even better things for this company. I am amazed by how much it has grown in the short time I've been around.

Some of my favorite items are the Coconut Chocolate Chip Smoothies (add Malibu Rum and it's like an Almond Joy!!!), The mousse of course, chi tea as a dip, Sea Salted Carmels and my #1 favorite: Cinnamon dusted milk chocolate covered almonds!! OMG the almonds are so amazing!!!!

I am glad that I get out of the house a little bit, make some extra money and can use this company to help others. The Farmington Area Mom's Club just did a vendor night that I helped put on this week. We had 27 vendors and it was $10 to have a table. We also asked for a donation from each vendor to put into our raffle. Our raffle and the profit from the tables helped raise $390. While that is great and all... I haven't mentioned what the $$ is going toward yet... our 2 families we adopted for Christmas! I really felt something for these two families. They were both single mom's of younger children. One of them had 4 year old twins and she left her abusive husband in the middle of the night. She basically is asking for the essentials. Laundry Detergent, bed sheets, a new fry pan etc. I'm so glad that we raised enough money to hand over a gift card to Target for anything that we don't get donated to us by our members.

I'm glad that DCD could help me raise money for these families. It makes your "job" just that much more interesting and important.

oh yeah... here is the website if you need anything!!! I didn't want to post my full name so if you want to see my personal website for DCD let me know! http://www.dove-chocolate-discoveries.com

No comments:

Post a Comment