Tuesday, February 2, 2010

One Of My Favorite Recipes!

Before I can't ever find this again- I wanted to post this so I always have it!! It reminds me of the side dish that the dorms made at MSU when I was in college! YUM!

-----------------------------------
CROCK POT BROCCOLI & RICE CASSEROLE
-----------------------------------

1 sm. onion, diced
1/4 c. butter, melted
2 c. quick cooking rice
2 c. water
1 (10 oz.) can cream of mushroom soup
1/2 tsp. salt
Pepper to taste
1 (5 oz.) jar sharp cheese spread
2 (10 oz.) pkgs. frozen chopped broccoli, partially thawed
1/4 lb. Velveeta cheese
Corn flake crumbs, browned in butter (opt.)

Combine all ingredients except corn flake crumbs in crock
pot. Stir thoroughly. Cover. Cook low 7 to 10 hours or high
2 to 3 hours. Just before serving, sprinkle crumbs over top.
If crock pot comes out of your crock pot, brown under
broiler for extra crispness. I double this in my large
crock pot. Great for pot luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment