Sunday, February 28, 2010

So Many Updates

It's been really hard not to talk about what has REALLY been going on with the Skimmy's so I took a little break. WE ARE PREGNANT! I'm 11w4d.

For those of you that don't know- Dan and I have suffered 3 miscarriages while trying to complete our family over the last 3 years. 2 were before Charlie and one was after. We thought we had figured out what my issues were but unfortunately the doctor wasn't able to answer any questions with our last miscarriage. For anyone that hasn't gone through them- they are extremely heartbreaking. Not only because you lose that child, but because you are emotionally in pain along with physically. It is also a very lonely period of time as so many ignore you instead of saying that they don't know what to say. These are children I have lost. I will always think of them and what "could have been." Yes, I can function day to day but that doesn't mean I forget. It's also terrifying not knowing why your body is causing this to happen. The only reason we have come up with is: late and weak ovulation with poor lining.

Anyway... I can and probably will touch more on our struggles later. But I need to keep writing or this post will be 10 pages long.

I have been feeling pretty good. Not lots of energy and because of my past problems I am suppose to take it easy. No exercise, no heavy lifting, and I'm on a medicine that should help me stay pregnant. I am not even allowed to walk around the block at this point. Things should lighten up in the next few weeks. A few headaches and a little upset tummy... but nothing I'll complain about! It's all very much wanted!

Last Friday the Farmington Area Mom's Club put on an event at Pump it Up. It's basically an indoor bounce house. It's a lot of fun and Charlie was thrilled to be there and go down the slide. He was even more excited when Dan walked in! Daddy was there on his lunch break to play with him! It was a fun day until after dinner Dan complained of a headache and a stomach ache. I gave him some Tylenol and some Pepto and let him be. We went to bed and at 3:30am I heard Charlie crying. I went in his room to find that he had vomited all over his bed. Poor thing!!!! I changed him and woke Dan up to help with the bedding but Charlie was wide awake. We headed to the couch to cuddle and watch Brother Bear (his favorite movie right now) but he kept getting sick. Charlie keep throwing up until about 9:15. He kinda was quiet all day and moved pretty slow but ate some crackers and kept them down. Dan still felt rough.

Tuesday morning rolls around and I wake up and sit on the couch. My head goes right between my knees because I feel like crap! Dan went off to work and finally at like 8:30am I called him to come back home. I was already getting sick and couldn't imagine chasing Charlie around all day alone. Dan came home while I spent the day in the bathroom. My sickness lasted until about 3:45 when my friend Lisa offered to drive me to the ER. I got sick a few more times there and needed 2 IV's to get fluids in me fast enough. They retested my levels after 4 bags of fluid and I was getting better but my heartrate was at a constant 142 and my blood pressure was too low. I also started getting a fever. They decided to keep me. Dan came and dropped some overnight items off and I waited for a room to open up for me. The next morning I was spilling protein into my urine so I couldn't leave until that was clear and I could keep some food down. Dan didn't feel well this day either so Charlie was off to my in laws for the day/night. I was released at 4pm and slept most of the day.

Friday we got the call... we got my Mother in law sick :-( man this flu was deadly!!! (Thankfully she was feeling better the next day)

Dan is still feeling a little under the weather- but he played in a volleyball tournament all day yesterday and probably didn't have the best diet. (he did come in 2nd place!!!) Congrats Dan!

Today was Amanda's baby shower! How much fun. It's been awesome to see her belly grow and to watch John and Amanda get more and more excited. It's hard to think that was me 2 years ago and that it's happening again to me now. Amanda got amazing gifts and is really blessed by the family and her friends. Can't wait for that niece or nephew to show up in about 9 weeks!!!!

I'll end this now because it could go on and on and well... it's relax time for momma!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment