Sunday, November 15, 2009

Black Friday & Being Thankful

I'm getting excited to venture out on BF this year! My friend Lisa and I are gonna hit the stores. I don't know what I'm shopping for and I don't even know where we are going. Oh well... it's the thrill of it that I'm looking forward to! I haven't been in years. Well, I take that back, I went last year but it's to Kohl's and Target and I went at 8:00pm. It didn't count!

Today I am thankful for my mother in law, Laurie. We went to the zoo yesterday and out to lunch. Then she took Charlie for the night! Dan is off hunting so this meant about 28 hours to myself!!! I had the chance to pick up around the house and then go out with Lisa!! We went to BW's for beers and dinner. YUM! It's been a long time since I've had the chance to just go out and think like an adult! We had adult conversation and actually we didn't talk about Charlie or Benjamin all that much! It was very much needed. I slept in the middle of the bed, slept till 10:30am and read the paper in my pj's. I should be cleaning more but man it feels good to just do NOTHING!!! I do plan to shower and go to Laurie's for dinner time to pick Charlie up. I'm sure by then I'll miss him more than I do now! (ok ok I do miss him but I'm enjoying this!) So- today I'm thankful for wonderful family that realized that I needed a break and took Charlie for a night! I hope Dan is having fun "hunting!"

1 comment:

  1. Boy - this Lisa person must be wonderful! She's also lucky to have someone like you in her life!

    ReplyDelete