Sunday, November 8, 2009

Life is too short

Today I went to the funeral for a 19 year old KID. That is what he was. Yes, he was a kid because of his age- but he has parents- he is their KID. You could hear his father sobbing above the almost 1,000 people that were there. That sound will haunt me for the rest of my life. I couldn't imagine losing Charlie. I couldn't imagine not being able to look forward to his future. To see what kind of man he is gonna grow up to be. One thing about Ryan... you knew he was gonna be a great man. He already was. His life ended too short and my thoughts and prayers go to Ryan's parents and to his 2 sisters.

Another thing... he had been drinking when he was killed. In fact he was killed by a bus that he was hiding under. He was hiding under because he didn't want another MIP. While we realize that it's silly now. These are all silly things that any of us could have done. It was an accident and now he's gone. It could have been any of us.

I made sure to hug Charlie a little tighter today and tell Dan how much I love him.

No comments:

Post a Comment