Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Oink Oink

This past weekend I started getting a sore throat and a cough. It gradually got worse and Monday I couldn't take it. I called the doctor. I know how fast my cough goes right to my chest and turns into bronchitis. I used the "I'm Charlie's Mom" and I got in at 11:40! I was really surprised how the appointment then proceeded to go... "I'm going to have you tested for the flu." Ummm what? I have a cough and a sore throat. But I guess some of the other symptoms I described fell into flu or piggy flu. Headache, sore throat, dry cough, tired etc. So off I went to get tested. About 10 minutes later it came back as negative! GREAT! However Doctor walks into the office and says, "Yes it came back negative, however, if it quacks like a duck, walks like a duck- I have to call it a duck." I am back on the nebulizer, cough meds with codeine and Tamiflu. Because of Dan showing some signs and living with me he's also on Tamiflu and Charlie too. Charlie got the liquid version (which he loves!!!) He always asks for more!

That reminds me... I forgot to give Charlie his second dose tonight. Augh, I think I'll go wake him up for it. Bummer!!! But I'd rather him wake up for a few minutes than get really sick!

oink oink. H1N1 has hit our house! (I'm feeling much better today just really really tired!)

No comments:

Post a Comment